LAST REVISED February 14, 2020
Who We Are and What We Do
Hurdl, Inc. (“Hurdl, we, us, our”) operates the L.E.D. wristband and live-event Technology that connects you with your favorite team, venue, entertainer, brand, celebrity, or event (collectively “Partners”), and connects them with you, their fans. Activating or using our Technology allows you to participate in a customized live-event experience. Partners may use the registration information you provide to send you playlists, photos, videos, invitations, news, coupons or other offers.
This Policy provides information about when, how and why we collect your information, how we may use it and how we keep it secure. This policy also provides information about your privacy rights and how to enforce them.
When Do We Collect Information
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- When you register to activate our Technology by texting a unique code on an L.E.D. wristband to a short code;
- When you text replies to our survey question prompts;
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you, Hurdl, and the Partners identified in our first text message to you;
- When you use our Technology at a live event, such as a concert, show, game, or convention.
What Information We May Collect
You will always know what information we collect from you because you provide it in your text replies. When you register your live-event Technology to participate in an event, either by SMS text, QR code, or website, we may collect your:
- Telephone number and/or email (in order to communicate with you);
- Name (in order to make our messages more friendly);
- Date of Birth (In order to ensure you are over 16 years old. If you are under 16, we do not collect any further information from you, but we still activate your product for the event);
- Answers to 4-8 survey questions from general categories, for example: favorite songs, favorite players, number of events attended, favorite consumer products, military service;
- Information you provide in reply to follow-up questions or promotions;
- Note: While we know what event and location you have registered for, we do not track your location using your mobile device or other technology;
- Note: We do not collect or store technical information, like mac addresses, IP addresses, browser type or other system identifiers.
Children Under the Age of 16
Children under 16 who submit their phone number and birthdate in order to activate our technology may participate in our light show at the live event. After the event our system removes their registration information from our database. We do not intend to solicit information from children. If you believe a child has provided us information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information that you give to us:
- To provide an engaging and personalized live-event experience;
- To segment audience lighting during a show;
- To share memories in the form of pictures, videos, and playlists of a show;
- To make personalized suggestions, such as places to go after a show;
- To connect you with Partners who may alert you to news, events, promotions, or other information that may be of interest to you;
- To facilitate purchase transactions through third parties;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To tell you about changes to our Technology or services; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Personal information
We may disclose your personal information to selected third parties including:
- The Partners we identify in our first message to you when you activate your live-event Technology, unless you opted-out of these disclosures.
- Contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. We have them enter into contracts with us to make sure that they keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or sale or transfer of Hurdl’s assets or ownership, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Hurdl about users of our Technology is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Under any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties.
Disclosure of aggregated information
Partners may ask us to help them understand general characteristics of their fans, such as their age groups. To do this, we may combine some of your information with other, similar fans’ information into a format that no longer can personally identify you. We may disclose this aggregated information, without restriction.
Your Privacy Choices
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- When you receive a message from us or one of our Partners, you can text “STOP” and be immediately removed from the Partner’s messaging list.
- You can email email@example.com to be removed from all Partner lists at once.
- If you would like to know with whom we have shared your information and the categories of data shared, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not want Partners to contact you with news, mementos, invitations or offers, you may email us at email@example.com and we will stop the contact.
Accessing, Correcting and Deleting Your Information
Residents of some jurisdictions have the right to be “forgotten,” meaning they can have their personal information completely removed from our databases. We believe in extending this right to all fans. You may request to have your information removed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use may request and obtain from us once each calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own marketing uses. This information includes the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year.
To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address.
Additional Notice to California Residents Regarding California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
As of January 1, 2020, California Civil Code 1798.83 permits California residents to request information regarding the use and disclosure of their personal information to third parties.
1. You have the right to knowledge regarding
- I. What information Hurdl is collecting about you, the consumer (a.k.a “fan”)
- II. How that information will be used by Hurdl or its Partners
- III. If, and with whom, Hurdl shares that information
These required disclosures are provided in the paragraphs preceding this Additional Notice.
2. You have the right to be forgotten
Hurdl does not collect any information on you that has not been directly provided by you, the consumer. However, you as the consumer have the right to request that Hurdl provide you with a summary of the information we have obtained and request a deletion of that information.
Should you wish to review or delete your personal information held by Hurdl and/or its service providers, you may do so by contacting us via email at email@example.com, via our Contact Us page, via phone at (917) 719-5979, or you can mail us at:
New York, NY 10012
We will respond to you within 15 business days.
3. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties.
Hurdl does not share or sell your information to any third parties without your express consent. However, you have the right to direct Hurdl to stop sharing or not to share your personal information. Send an email request with the subject “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” to firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number and you will be opted out of any sales to third parties. Or, you may call, contact, or mail us at the contact information listed in paragraph 2, above.
First and foremost, we limit the amount of personally identifiable information we store. Second, your personally identifiable information is secured through strong passwords and technologies to protect against cross-site forgery. Third, we protect your data while in transit by using SSL.
While we utilize all reasonable technical, physical, and administrative safeguards, we recognize that data breaches do occur. In the event of malicious access to your information we will notify you as soon as feasible at the last known email or phone number.
New York, NY 10012
(917) 719 5979